JOB TITLE: Tree Climber (Fresno and Surrounding Areas)
REPORTS TO: Foreman
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Tree Climber works in trees to perform general tree care including pruning, cabling, bracing, lightning protection, and tree removal.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Physical Labor
- Safety Standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of landscape maintenance and the landscape industry
- Experienced working with handheld power tools and equipment
- General knowledge of tree care principals, cabling, pruning techniques, tree ID and disease ID
- Trained to run ropes on rigging work with climbers
- Effective listening skills to understand the expectations of tasks to be performed
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Work in an organized, proactive and productive manner
- Able to communicate effectively with various team members
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required with a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in tree care.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, lift, reach, bend, use repetitive hand motion, and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment