JOB TITLE: Irrigation Technician (Bakersfield and Surrounding Areas)
REPORTS TO: EMTS Account Supervisor
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Irrigation Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of irrigation systems. They will apply advanced knowledge of landscape maintenance operations, practices, and equipment while maintaining excellent customer service and communication skills with team members, clients, vendors, and management.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform the physical labor outlined in the scope of project/s
- Ensure that all work performed on a job site meets all safety standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of landscape maintenance, tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials and methods of irrigation system design, installation and maintenance
- Effective listening skills to understand the scope and expectations of tasks to be performed
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Able to read blueprints, schematics and drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently to complete assigned tasks
- Work in an organized, proactive, and productive manner with the ability to communicate professionally
- Valid California Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in irrigation installation and/or post-secondary training in irrigation or landscape.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Visual ability to adjust focus and must have close vision and depth perception
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment